Advice and grants for businesses
If you run a business in the city, the current COVID-19 situation is likely to be very concerning. A full range of business support measures have been made available to UK businesses and employees.
Government and West Midlands Combined Authority support and advice
The Government has announced a series of measures to significantly increase the economic support available to businesses and workers during coronavirus. These measures include unlimited loans and guarantees to support firms and help them manage staff wages and cashflow through this period.
- Find out the latest information about the Government coronavirus measures, availability and eligibility.
- Support is also available from West Midlands Combined Authority.
- Government advice about business closures and staying at home.
- Find out about the Self-employment Income Support Scheme and Your questions answered about the scheme
Coventry City Council business support specialists are in daily contact with UK Government and other strategic partners to ensure that our businesses can quickly get access to the support that is being made available. Specific local updates will be posted here as and when they are available.
Apply for a COVID-19 (Coronavirus) business grant
Coventry City Council is working hard to support local businesses by making grant support available through the Small Business Grant Fund (SBGF) and Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund (RHLGF).
Apply for a grant now
Please read our grant criteria, then complete our verification form for business rates grant funding online. You will need your business rates customer reference number which can be found on your bill.
If your business is within the retail, hospitality or leisure sector (view a full list of businesses) then you will be eligible for:
- Grant funding of £10,000 if your business has a property with a rateable value of up to £15,000
- Grant funding of £25,000 if your business has a property with a rateable value of between £15,001 and £50,999
For all other businesses you will be eligible for:
- Grant funding of £10,000 if your business has a property with a rateable value of up to £15,000 and it qualifies for Small Business Rate Relief
You will be eligible to receive these payments if, on 11 March 2020, your business property:
- was occupied
- was not used for personal use, e.g. private stables and moorings
- was not a car park or parking space
- was not in liquidation or dissolved
Recipients will receive one grant per eligible property. Payments are subject to the normal state aid restrictions. Further information regarding state aid law.
For more information: https://www.coventry.gov.uk/info/1/council_and_democracy/3551/covid-19_coronavirus/5
Leave a Comment