This call for solutions for the COVID-19 Echo Period is for organisations in the following countries (based on mutual consent between participating national funding bodies):
- Austria (Forschungsförderungsgesellschaft – FFG)
- Canada (National Research Council Industrial Research Assistance Program – NRC IRAP)
- Denmark (Innovation Fund Denmark – IFD)
- France (Bpifrance)
- The Netherlands (Rijksdienst voor Ondernemend Nederland – RVO)
- South Africa (Department of Science and Innovation, implemented by Technology Innovation Agency – DSI / TIA)
- Spain (Centro para el Desarrollo Tecnologico Industrial – CDTI)
- Turkey (Türkiye Bilimsel ve Teknolojik Araştırma Kurumu – TÜBİTAK)
Opening of the call – 15 April 2020
Eureka application deadline – 15 May 2020
Eureka label and funding decision – 30 June 2020 (latest)
Signature of the Consortium Agreement – 28 July 2020 (latest)
Project start – 3 August 2020 (latest)
Project duration – up to 12 months
Project results implementation – within 6 months of project completion (with a preference for quicker launches)
Participants are invited to submit research and innovation project proposals aiming to provide short to medium-term responses to COVID-19 specific needs.
These may include (but are not limited to):
- Infection prevention and protection
- Sanitation technology
- Diagnostics and testing
- Therapeutics, vaccines and medicines
- Disease-tracking technology, analytical solutions for health systems
- Smart technology for COVID-19 patients
- Smart technologies and support systems for critical production and supply chains under lockdown
- Safe mobility: migration data and trends, regional risk monitoring, protection of isolated and risk groups, safe use of public transports
- Education technologies and digital workplace.
In order to apply to the present call, the partners must meet the following qualifications:
- The consortium should include at least two organisations independent of each other from at least two of the participating countries.
- Funding assistance follows each national funding body’s (NFB) funding regulations.
- The project partners must express their willingness to cooperate, on a win-win/fair basis in the development of a new product, industrial process or service.
- The product, process or service must be innovative and there must be a technological risk involved.
- The project must have a civilian purpose.
- The project should benefit all involved partners in a well-balanced consortium.
- The project should have an obvious advantage and added value resulting from the technologic cooperation between the participants (e.g. increased knowledge base, commercial leads, access to R&D infrastructure, etc.).
- The duration of the project may not exceed 12 months.
- Projects are expected to start by August 3 2020. Participants must discuss with their NFB about the expected start date of their activities. NFB regulations may apply.
- Product, service or process implementation or market launch should happen no later than 6 months after project completion.
Each participating NFB may apply additional eligibility criteria based on their national regulations. Applicants are strongly advised, prior to submitting the application, to contact their NFB to discuss their project idea, and verify their and their project’s eligibility.
Partners from other Eureka countries or countries outside of the Eureka network can also participate, but funding must be secured within the deadlines of the call.
For more information: https://www.eurekanetwork.org/content/multilateral-call-solutions-covid-19-echo-period